This unit equips learners with knowledge and skills in managing work at height in construction and other industries.
Who should attend this course?
The occupations that this unit would be relevant to include but not limited to:
Supervisors, Assessors or Managers who are involved in planning / assessment or management work at height in construction and other industries as recommended in the WSH (WAH) Regulations 2013 and the Approved Code Of Practice for working safely at height (2011).
- Identify, explain and apply the relevant Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Legislations / Approved Code of Practice / Singapore Standards applicable to Work-at-Height
- Identify and explain the Roles & Responsibilities of stakeholders, competent and responsible persons.
- Identify hazards, evaluate the risk, and implement control measures for Work At Height
- Review the necessary fall preventive / protective control measures for safe execution of Work At Height
- Establish, evaluate, review and implement a Fall Prevention Plan
- Establish and implement a system for an effective monitoring and control of WAH risks
- Don, check and correct Individual Fall Protection Equipment and Respond to a fall emergency.
Pre-Requisites / Assume Skills and Knowledge
The Learner should have at least WSQ ESS Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 4 and above or equivalent and the ability to carry out hazards identification, risk assessment, and risk control measures.
Trainer to Trainee Ratio
1: 20 (Classroom)
1: 10 (Practical)
20.5 hours (Training 15.5 hours, Assessment 5 hour)
Comprising both Theory and Practical Session
Written Test (WT) / Practical Performance (PP)
Slides presentation, sharing of best practice and incident. Hands on practical session.
Learner must achieve 75%
Practical Assessments (PP): 100%
Upon successful completion of the course a Statement of Attainment (SOA) will be awarded by SkillsFuture Singapore Agency (SSG)