Shipyard Safety Instruction Course For Workers (Hot Work Trade)
The Workplace Safety and Health (Shipbuilding and Ship-repairing) Regulations 2008 Reg. 6 (2) stipulates that “It shall be the duty of every person not to carry out any work deemed hazardous in a shipyard or on board a ship in a harbor unless he has undergone a safety and health training course approved by the commissioner for Workplace Safety and Health”.
Who should attend this course?
All workers required to work at the shipyards in their daily operations and activities exposing themselves to all kinds of hazards.
This course is aimed at providing individuals with the requisite shipyard knowledge and skills so as to perform their work activities properly and safely. At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Introduction to Shipyard Safety Instruction Course for Workers (Hot-Work Trade)
- Know the different types of Hot-Work
- Know characteristics of flammable substances
- Understand how vapors / gases can accumulate in confined spaces
- Understand hoe fires / explosions are caused
- Understand case studies on two shipyard fire and explosion accidents
- Know and take safety measures for preventing fire / explosions
Pre-Requisites / Assume Skills and Knowledge
Able to read, interpret and understand the language in which they are taking the course
Learner must have completed and passed the Shipyard Safety Instruction Course for Workers (General Trade) to be eligible
Trainer to Trainee Ratio
Theory & Assessment ; 1: 40
Comprising of Theory Written Test 10 MCQ (WT)
Medium of Instruction
Slides presentation, sharing of best practice and incident.
Theory Examination (WT): 60%
Certificates Cards shall be endorsed by EFG Training Services Private Ltd and issued to participants at the end of course.